26 Mar 2017 - 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Our second Community Fire Recovery Meeting is on Sunday 26 March at the community hall between 2.00-5.00pm, to reflect on lessons learned during the February fire and to begin planning what we can do, both as individual households and as a community, to assist recovery and reduce the impacts of similar fires in the future.
Topics that have been raised for discussion include:
- Improving fire alerts and communication
- Operation of road blocks
- Establishing an asset register
- Setting up refuge points
- Accessing fire trails and the Defence HQ emergency access road as escape routes
- Managing roadside vegetation
- Priority needs of fire-affected properties in the initial recovery phase
- Training on fire preparedness – what is needed?
Please bring a plate of nibbles to share over afternoon tea.
Please also bring this notice to the attention of anyone that you know who was affected by the fire, but may not have access to this email list or the Carwoola Community Facebook page.